I have four entertaining and informative talks currently available, displaying plenty of real quilts, (not slides).
Which way do I press it?
- The usual rule is “press behind the darker fabric”, but a careful choice of pressing direction – sometimes in opposition to this rule – can make a big difference to the precision of your piecing.
- A “teaching” talk aimed at those wanting to learn more.
Success with Stripes
- A “teaching” talk showing how to achieve stunning effects in blocks and borders with striped fabrics, including tips on how to make them meet perfectly in mitred corners.
Quick! Piece it!
- The story of my developing love of making traditional quilts in a modern way.
- A general talk aimed at a mixed audience.
Our Traditional Quilt Heritage
- Learn about the history of patchwork and/or quilting in Britain, with a chance to look at many beautiful examples of quilts from my collection.
- I now have too many antique quilts to fit into the car, so you will need to select “patchwork only”, “quilting only” or a bit of both!
I am a popular and patient teacher who gives time and attention to each person so that everyone learns and enjoys the class. Although I don’t currently teach any regularly scheduled classes, I could come to lead a one-off day or weekend workshop on a variety of machine-stitched traditional style patchwork projects and techniques with your group.
If you’re interested in discussing topics, dates and costs, please contact me using this form: